Cheung Kong Infrastructure
CKI is the largest publicly listed infrastructure company in Hong Kong with diversified investments in Energy Infrastructure, Transportation Infrastructure, Water Infrastructure, Waste Management and Infrastructure Related Business.
Operating in Hong Kong, Mainland China, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, CKI is a leading player in the global infrastructure arena.
- CKI holds a 38.87% interest in Power Assets Holdings Limited (Power Assets), a global investor in power and utility-related businesses with investments in electricity generation, transmission and distribution, renewable energy and gas distribution. In Hong Kong, Power Assets is the sole electricity supplier for over 567,000 customers on Hong Kong Island and Lamma Island.
- In the United Kingdom, CKI has a comprehensive portfolio of investments in gas and electricity distribution; water and waste water services as well as electricity generation. They include Northern Gas Networks, a gas distribution business that serves the North of England; Wales & West Utilities, a gas distribution business that serves Wales and the South West of England; UK Power Networks, one of the United Kingdom's largest power distributors supplying electricity to London, South East England and the East of England; Seabank Power, an electricity-generating company located in Bristol; and Northumbrian Water, a water supply, sewerage and waste water company which serves the North East of England and South East of England. CKI also owns a strategic stake in Southern Water, a business that provides water and waste water services to the South East of England.
- In the Netherlands, CKI has interests in AVR, the country's largest energy-from-waste company. AVR operates two waste treatment plants: Rozenburg in the Port of Rotterdam area, and Duiven near the German border.
- CKI is one of the biggest overseas infrastructure investors in Australia. It has investments in electricity and gas distribution, renewable energy power transmission, as well as water businesses in Australia. CKI owns SA Power Networks, a primary electricity distribution business for the state of South Australia; CitiPower, a company that supplies electricity to Melbourne's CBD and inner suburbs; Powercor, Victoria's largest electricity distributor; Transmission Operations Australia, a renewable energy power transmission business in Victoria; and Envestra Limited, one of Australia's largest natural gas distribution companies. CKI also holds interest in Spark Infrastructure, a leading Australian utility infrastructure group that is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, and AquaTower, an exclusive potable water supplier for four regional towns in Victoria.
- In New Zealand, CKI has shareholding in Wellington Electricity, a power distribution business which distributes electricity to the capital city of Wellington, as well as Porirua and the Hutt Valley Regions. CKI also owns EnviroWaste, a diversified, vertically integrated waste management company that has national coverage in the country.
- In Canada, CKI has interests in six generating plants in Ontario, Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- In Mainland China, CKI has a portfolio of investments in toll roads and bridges that span nearly 400 kilometres in the provinces of Guangdong, Hebei, Henan and Hunan.
- CKI has a leading market position in Hong Kong's infrastructure materials market with operations in cement, concrete, aggregates and asphalt. The Group also owns cement production facilities in Mainland China as well as a limestone quarry in the Philippines.