Cheung Kong Infrastructure
CKI is a global infrastructure company that has diversified investments in Energy Infrastructure, Transportation Infrastructure, Water Infrastructure, Waste Management, Waste-to-energy and Infrastructure Related Businesses.
CKI's investments and operations span Hong Kong, Mainland China, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand and Canada.
- CKI holds a 38.87% interest in Power Assets Holdings Limited (Power Assets), a global investor in power and utility-related businesses with investments in electricity generation, transmission and distribution, renewable energy; energy-from-waste; and gas distribution. In Hong Kong, Power Assets through HK Electric Investments and HK Electric Investments Limited holds 33.37% of The Hongkong Electric Company, Limited ("HK Electric"). HK Electric is the sole electricity supplier for 569,000 customers on Hong Kong Island and Lamma Island.
- In the United Kingdom, CKI has a comprehensive portfolio of investments in gas and electricity distribution; water and waste water services; electricity generation; and rail transportation infrastructure. They include Northern Gas Networks, a gas distribution business that serves the North of England; Wales & West Utilities, a gas distribution business that serves Wales and the South West of England; UK Power Networks, one of the United Kingdom's largest power distributors supplying electricity to London, South East England and the East of England; Seabank Power, an electricity-generating company located in Bristol; Northumbrian Water, a water supply, sewerage and waste water company which serves the North East of England and South East of England; and UK Rail, a rolling stock operating company in the UK. CKI also owns a strategic stake in Southern Water, a business that provides water and waste water services to the South East of England.
- In the Netherlands, CKI has interests in AVR, the country's largest energy-from-waste company. AVR operates two waste treatment plants: Rozenburg in the Port of Rotterdam area, and Duiven near the German border.
- In Portugal, CKI has interests in Portugal Renewable Energy, one of the largest wind power companies in the country.
- CKI is one of the biggest overseas infrastructure investors in Australia. It has investments in electricity and gas distribution, as well as renewable energy power transmission businesses in Australia. CKI owns SA Power Networks, a primary electricity distribution business for the state of South Australia; CitiPower, a company that supplies electricity to Melbourne's CBD and inner suburbs; Powercor, Victoria's largest electricity distributor; Transmission General Holdings, a renewable energy power transmission business in Victoria; and Australian Gas Networks Limited, one of Australia's largest natural gas distribution companies.
- In New Zealand, CKI has shareholding in Wellington Electricity, a power distribution business which distributes electricity to the capital city of Wellington, as well as Porirua and the Hutt Valley Regions. CKI also owns EnviroNZ, a diversified, vertically integrated waste management company that has national coverage in the country.
- In Canada, CKI has interests in six generating plants in Ontario, Alberta and Saskatchewan. CKI also holds interest in Park'N Fly, the largest off-airport car park company in Canada, and the only national operator.
- In Mainland China, CKI has a portfolio of investments in toll roads and bridges that span approximately 280 kilometres in the provinces of Guangdong, Hebei and Hunan.
- CKI has a leading market position in Hong Kong's infrastructure materials market with operations in cement, concrete, aggregates and asphalt. The Group also owns cement production facilities in Mainland China as well as a limestone quarry in the Philippines.