CKI is a global infrastructure company that has diversified investments in Energy Infrastructure, Transportation Infrastructure, Water Infrastructure, Waste Management, Waste-to-energy, Household Infrastructure and Infrastructure Related Businesses.
CKI's investments and operations mainly involve Hong Kong, Mainland China, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Australia, New Zealand and North America.
- CKI holds a 38.87% interest in Power Assets Holdings Limited (Power Assets), a global investor in power and utility-related businesses with investments in electricity generation, transmission and distribution, renewable energy; energy-from-waste; energy pipelines and gas distribution. In Hong Kong, Power Assets through HK Electric Investments and HK Electric Investments Limited holds 33.37% of The Hongkong Electric Company, Limited ("HK Electric"). HK Electric is the sole electricity supplier for 569,000 customers on Hong Kong Island and Lamma Island.
- In the United Kingdom, CKI has a comprehensive portfolio of investments in gas and electricity distribution; water and waste water services; electricity generation; and rail transportation infrastructure. They include Northern Gas Networks, a gas distribution business that serves the North of England; Wales & West Utilities, a gas distribution business that serves Wales and the South West of England; UK Power Networks, one of the United Kingdom's largest power distributors supplying electricity to London, South East England and the East of England; Seabank Power, an electricity-generating company located in Bristol; Northumbrian Water, a water supply, sewerage and waste water company which serves the North East of England and South East of England; and UK Rails, a rolling stock operating company in the UK. CKI also owns a strategic stake in Southern Water, a business that provides water and waste water services to the South East of England.
- In Germany, CKI has interests in ista, a world's leading fully integrated energy management services provider. ista has operations in over 20 countries with its core operations in Europe. It has strong market positions in countries include Germany, Denmark, the Netherlands, Italy, France and Spain.
- In the Netherlands, CKI has interests in Dutch Enviro Energy, the country's largest energy-from-waste company. It operates two waste treatment plants: Rozenburg in the Port of Rotterdam area, and Duiven near the German border.
- In Portugal, CKI has interests in Portugal Renewable Energy, one of the largest wind power companies in the country.
- CKI is one of the biggest overseas infrastructure investors in Australia. It has investments in electricity and gas distribution, gas transmission pipelines, electricity generation, as well as renewable energy power transmission businesses in Australia. CKI owns SA Power Networks, a primary electricity distribution business for the state of South Australia; CitiPower, a company that supplies electricity to Melbourne's CBD and inner suburbs; Powercor, Victoria's largest electricity distributor; United Energy, a company that supplies electricity in Victoria; Australian Energy Operations, a renewable energy power transmission business in Victoria; and Australian Gas Networks Limited, one of Australia's largest natural gas distribution companies; Multinet Gas, a gas distribution company in Victoria; Dampier Bunbury Pipeline, a gas transmission pipeline connecting the Carnarvon/Browse Basins with Perth; and Energy Developments, an international provider of safe, clean, low greenhouse gas emissions energy and remote energy solutions.
- In New Zealand, CKI has shareholding in Wellington Electricity, a power distribution business which distributes electricity to the capital city of Wellington, as well as Porirua and the Hutt Valley Regions. CKI also owns EnviroNZ, a diversified, vertically integrated waste management company that has national coverage in the country.
- In Canada, CKI has shareholding in Canadian Power which has interests in six generating plants in Ontario, Alberta and Saskatchewan. CKI also holds interest in Park'N Fly, the largest off-airport car park company in Canada, as well as interest in Reliance Home Comfort, one of the largest building equipment service providers. In addition, CKI has interests in Husky Midstream Limited Partnership, which comprises oil pipelines, storage facilities and ancillary assets.
- In Mainland China, CKI has a portfolio of investments in toll roads and bridges that span approximately 280 kilometres in the provinces of Guangdong, Hebei and Hunan.
- CKI has a leading market position in Hong Kong's infrastructure materials market with operations in cement, concrete, aggregates and asphalt. The Group also owns cement production facilities in Mainland China as well as a limestone quarry in the Philippines.